Gig Harbor Garden Tour - A Tour for Literacy
- The Gig Harbor Garden Tour is a two-day self-guided event, showcasing outstanding gardens in the Gig Harbor area. It is one of the premier gardening tours in the Puget Sound area.
- The tour is run completely by volunteers. Profits are donated to literacy programs in the greater Gig Harbor and Key Peninsula area.
- The tour is in its 17th year, started by Altrusa and the Milgard family, and taken over by Tacoma Community College Foundation in 1998. It is now overseen by the Gig Harbor Garden Tour Association, a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
- The tour currently supports programs at Communities in Schools of Peninsula, Boys and Girls Club of Gig Harbor, Gig Harbor branch of the Pierce County Library, Reach Out and Read (Pediatrics Northwest) and Reading is Fundamental at Evergreen Elementary. For more infor see the Literacy Programs page.
- The Peninsula Art league places artists in the gardens. For the first time, this year, art work created during previous garden tours will be shown and featured at the Kimball Espresso Cafe during the month of June.
- Local merchants sell garden tour tickets and host events in their locations.
- The tour is Saturday, June 28, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. and Sunday, June 29, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.